    does anyone have an example/ pointer in the right direction?
    much appreciated

    , Sep 28, 2007

    >From ActionScript, you can do something that works like AJAX.

    Do whatever you need to do in your Flash's ActionScript to fill in
    this sample or otherwise modify it to get your data across (maybe in a
    button's on click handler):
    //ActionScript
    objLV = new LoadVars();
    objLV.sliderVal = 50; // eh?
    objLV.send("myUpdSrvce.aspx", "", "post");

    And we'll create a web service of sorts with myUpdSrvce.aspx for
    simplicity. Here the page's Load event handler:
    'VB
    Sub Page_Load(s As Sender, e As EventArgs) _
    Handles Me.Load
    Dim sliderVal As String
    sliderVal = Form("sliderVal")

    'Do stuff!
    End Sub

    I do something like that with Actionscript/PHP, should work this way
    too although I haven't tried it.

    -Mike Placentra II

    On Sep 28, 6:30 am, wrote:
    > I'm developing a quiz, and making some fancy controls, sliders and the
    > like in Flash. I now want to be able to get the value of the slider
    > control from my ASP . NET page. All I can find on the web are exmaples
    > of how to use an ASP .net page as the service, but i need it the other
    > way around, i.e. when the slider moves in my Flash file, I want the
    > asp .net page to be notified so i can store the value as a local
    > variable, for scoring..
    >
    > i thought i posted this message but couldnt see it so apologies if
    > this ges asked twice.
    > does anyone have an example/ pointer in the right direction?
    > much appreciated

    , Sep 29, 2007