Retrieving Asp.treeview checked checkbox information

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by jeeji, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. jeeji

    jeeji Guest

    Hi

    I am creating a website that reads some data from a database and
    presents it in an asp:treeview control. The tree I create dynamically
    using c#, and for the leaf nodes I enable checkbox
    (TreeNode::ShowCheckBox = true)

    Now my problem is to retrieve the checked information from the tree
    with a click of a button.

    I have to add that I am quite new to this. However, I have a good
    feeling of what is happening. So I believe that teh checked information
    is located on the client (web browser). Is it really that difficult to
    move (post?) that information to the server, and have the server act
    accordingly?

    I cannot seem to find that many easy options, unfortunately. If you
    give me an answer, could you please be elaborate, since many of the
    terms I am not used to yet. But not to say that any answer would be
    satisfactory, because I am really in trouble here.

    Best regards
    Jeeji
    jeeji, Jun 15, 2006

  2. jeeji

    Prakash V Guest

    You try this

    foreach (TreeNode TNode in TreeviewName.CheckedNodes)

    {

    DeleteNode(TNode.Value);

    }

    Thanks,
    Prakash.V

    Prakash V, Jun 16, 2006

  3. jeeji

    jeeji Guest

    Hi and thank you for your reply, but unfortunately, I cannot see how
    this will help me.
    The tree structure is at the client side now, and the information of
    which tree node is checked or not is also at the client side.
    The code you gave me as far as I can see is server side code. If it is
    client side code, please tell me how to run it, and please tell me how
    to submit the retrieved information to the server, so that it can act
    according to which nodes are checked and which are not.

    Thank you again

    Jeeji

    jeeji, Jun 16, 2006