Retrieving cookie data through document.cookie (Javascript)

Vikram Bhatia

In my web application we are able to store large data in the browser
cookie keeping in mind the limit of 300 cookies per cookie file, 20
keys per cookie per domain and 4KB max size of each cookie. We are
unable to retreive this large amount of data immediately after storing
through document.cookie in IE browser (The same works fine in
Netscape).

Is there any limit on the size of the data that can be retreived using
document.cookie in IE browser? Could you please suggest a solution to
this problem I am facing.

Thank you,

Regards,
Vikram Bhatia.

kaeli

And on the day 10 Oct 2003 02:39:27 -0700, (e-mail address removed)
enlightened us with said:
In my web application we are able to store large data in the browser
cookie keeping in mind the limit of 300 cookies per cookie file, 20
keys per cookie per domain and 4KB max size of each cookie. We are
unable to retreive this large amount of data immediately after storing
through document.cookie in IE browser (The same works fine in
Netscape).

Using up all the cookies is not nice.
Use one cookie or session variable to point to preferences or data
stored on the server.

If you insist on cookies, we'd need to see code to know what you're
doing wrong.

~kaeli~
Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill millions
and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone and you
are God.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart/
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace/