Retrieving Namespace and TagPrefix for a usercontrol

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by manso, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. manso

    manso Guest

    Hi,

    We would like to dynamically retrieve the following information about a
    UserControl. The user control has been created with the following control
    directive

    <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" src="Test.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="Company.Public.Test" %>

    In Test.ascx.vb we've specified

    =========================
    Imports System.Web.UI

    <Assembly: TagPrefix("TestNamespace", "TestTagPrefix")>

    Namespace Company.Public
    Public Class Test
    =========================

    We are loading this control using LoadControl(). Questions:

    - I can't figure out how to get the TagPrefix information (how does VS.NET
    do it for custom controls)? We have tried with GetCustomAttribute but it's
    not available there.

    - The namespace is always "ASP" no matter what I write. Is it because of the
    JIT compilation (because of "src=")?

    Grateful for any hints.

    Thank you,

    Manso