Retrieving Roles

Prashant K

Hi Experts,

I am using C# / ADSI in my ASP.Net application. I want to implement role
based security in my application. I want to make restrictions in my
application based on the groups which the user belongs. I am using a custom
Login page and not windows integrated authentication. The user enters a
valid userid and password to login.

Can anyone tell me how to get the roles of the logged in user.

Thanx in Advance
Regards

Jas

If you are using Froms auth. and this is pre 2.0 your application probably
stores the roles somewhere in the database. Along with every user, you
should have a list of all the roles he/she belongs to. Once you retrieve
this you can use the GenericPrincipal object.

jas

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello JAS,

is you mention ADSI - i assume your users a stored in AD/ADAM??

you can retrieve the roles of the user by using LDAP - wait until Joe Kaplan
jumps on that thread - he is the LDAP man!