Retrieving session in a user control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGlmZmlkZW50?=, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Hi Steve,

    Please find the code snippets below:

    Method A inside User Control A:

    public void LoadDataGrid()
    {
    DataSet ds = new DataSet();
    string[] sqlString = new string[2];

    sqlString[0] = " SELECT REQ_CLIENT.ID,FIRSTNAME ||' '|| LASTNAME
    NAME,COMPANY,COUNTY, "+ " DECODE(REQ_CLIENT.ID,BILLING_CONTACT,1,0)
    IS_BILLING_PERSON "+ " FROM REQ_CLIENT,REQ_QUEUE WHERE "+
    " REQ_QUEUE.ID = ID_REQ_QUEUE AND "+" ID_REQ_QUEUE=
    "+Session["ID_REQ_QUEUE"].ToString()+" ORDER BY UPPER(LASTNAME) ";

    The way I am calling the User Control A from Control B is as follows by
    instantiating an object of the Control class:

    secure.NewDiagnostics.Requester.Contacts1 parentControl = new
    secure.NewDiagnostics.Requester.Contacts1();

    if(this.Parent!=null)
    {
    parentControl.LoadDataGrid();
    }

    So when control goes back to the LoadDataGrid method in the parent control I
    get the following error:

    ErrorMessage:
    ----------------

    ErrorSource: System.Web

    ErrorTargetSite:
    ----------------
    System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState get_Session()

    ErrorTrace:
    at System.Web.UI.UserControl.get_Session()
    at secure.NewDiagnostics.Requester.Contacts1.LoadDataGrid() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\intranet.pdis.org\diagnostics\submitter\contacts1.ascx.cs:line 522

    At line 522, there is an SQL query which is accessing a session variable.

    Any pointers?

    Thanks!!

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlmZmlkZW50?=, Nov 30, 2004