Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID failed

Guest

Hi all,

i have a web application and one of the function is to generate a word
document by button click.
it works fine in debug mode when i run this web application.

But after i deploy to my local IIS server, it always show this error when i
click the button which trying to generate a word document.

Error msg:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:
80070005.

It seems not enough access rights to the resource i think?

please help me out, thanks.

Cheers

Nick

Mark Fitzpatrick

I would think that the ASPNet user account doesn't have permissions to make
use of the COM object and/or objects it depends upon. In debug mode, I
believe, it will run under your account privaleges instead of the
traditional account.

Guest

Do you have any ideas that could solve this issue?

How to i make the aspnet user account have access right to COM object.

Thanks

Guest

Hi Nick,

I have had many issues with doing this, but having said that, after hours
and hours of tinkering and googling, I came accross this article (by
micorosft) which tells you how to do it.

If you scroll down toward the end of this article, MS give you three ways to
run Office automatically on a server. Give them a read and decide for
yourself which ones suits you best. My preferred option (the one that worked
for me) was to run it as a different user.

Good luck.

Justin