    Please help!!

    Thanks,

    Aowi

    aowi, May 26, 2009

  2. aowi wrote:
    > I am developing an application on a 64-bit server and calling 32-bit
    > dlls. I got the error: retrieving the COM class {...}...failed due to
    > error:80040154.
    > Is it true in no circumstances we can configure a 64-bit applicaiton
    > to run with a 32-bit DLL? What could be the possible solution to this
    > issue?

    You can set the application pool associated with the site to be 32-bit, if
    that helps.

    Andrew

    Andrew Morton, May 26, 2009

  3. aowi

    aowi Guest

    How to do this? I do not quite understand. Could you please be more clear?
    Thanks!

    aowi, May 26, 2009
  4. aowi

    aowi Guest

    Thank you. But I checked the IIS, it is IIS6.0 not 7.0. I almost tried
    everything now, still same error. I also checked the registry using
    'regedit', the classID mentioned in error message is there, but still report
    not retrievable...Any idea?

    Thanks!

    aowi, May 26, 2009
  5. Hi,

    You can't load 32-bit DLLs into 64-bit processes, and IIS 6 only has a
    global option that will turn all application pools into 32-bits unlike
    IIS 7 that can have both 32-bit and 64-bit application pools at the same
    time.

    For an example how to change to 32-bits:
    http://extended64.com/blogs/rhoffman/archive/2005/05/10/482.aspx

    Kornél

    Kornél Pál, May 26, 2009
  6. aowi

    aowi Guest

    Thank you. I followed the example and run the command, but the error still
    same...

    I checked the 'regedit', under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLASSES/CLSID, I
    did found the class ID in the error message, so it means it is registered,
    right? Just for some reason, can not be retrieved...I really do not what to
    do now.

    Anyone have a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks!

    aowi, May 26, 2009