Retrieving the height of the content inside an Inline Frame (IFrame).

bjorn2k

Hi All,

I'm working on a webpage. In this webpage i have an IFrame. I load html
files in this I frame, but then i get those scrollbars which i want to
get rid off. My Iframe has a fixed width. The height should be as large
as its content. In this way there is no scrollbar with the inline
frame. Only the mainframe has the scrollbar now. Is there a way to let
the iframe grow with its content.

I have a sollution that is partly solved. With Javascript i can change
the size of the IFrame. But i don't know the size of its content. Is
there a way to retrieve the height of the content of the Iframe and
than update the Iframe with this value.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 12/19/2005 5:57 AM:
Hi All,

I'm working on a webpage. In this webpage i have an IFrame. I load html
files in this I frame, but then i get those scrollbars which i want to
get rid off.

Then make your content fit the dimensions. But you will run into the
same problem you are having now.
My Iframe has a fixed width. The height should be as large
as its content. In this way there is no scrollbar with the inline
frame. Only the mainframe has the scrollbar now. Is there a way to let
the iframe grow with its content.

No because you have no way of knowing how much space to give the content.
I have a sollution that is partly solved. With Javascript i can change
the size of the IFrame. But i don't know the size of its content. Is
there a way to retrieve the height of the content of the Iframe and
than update the Iframe with this value.

No.
http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign