retrieving user control values on postback

fernandezr

Hi, I've got a user control that is referenced twice on the same page
and I'd like to access the textbox values on postback so I can update a
database. How can get the values for each instance of the user control
text box?

Here is the user control ascx file:
<%@ Control Language="C#" EnableViewState="true"
AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ucAddress.ascx.cs"
Inherits="ucAddress" %>

<asp:Table ID="tblAddress" runat="server" BorderWidth="0"
CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>

<asp:Table ID="tblAddr1" runat="server" BorderWidth="0"
CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:Label ID="lblAddrLine1" runat="server" Text="Line1"
Width="60px"></asp:Label>
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:TextBox ID="txtAddrLine1" runat="server"
Width="390px" /><br />
</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>
</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>

Here is the code behind ascx.cs file:

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class ucAddress : System.Web.UI.UserControl
{

public void textboxSet(string controlName, string txtAddr, int
txtAddrMaxLength, int txtAddrWidth, bool blnAddrReadOnly)
{

TextBox objTxtbox;

objTxtbox = (TextBox)this.FindControl(controlName);
objTxtbox.Text = txtAddr;
objTxtbox.MaxLength = txtAddrMaxLength;
objTxtbox.Width = txtAddrWidth;

if (blnAddrReadOnly == true)
{
objTxtbox.ReadOnly = true;
objTxtbox.BorderWidth = 0;

Here is the aspx page:
<%@ Page trace="false" EnableViewState="true"
MasterPageFile="~/MOR.master" Title="MOR Profile" Language="C#"
AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="profile.aspx.cs" Inherits="profile" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Address" TagName="HomeAddr"
Src="~/controls/ucAddress.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Address" TagName="BusnAddr"
Src="~/controls/ucAddress.ascx" %>

<asp:content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main" runat="server">

<Address:HomeAddr ID="HomeAddr" runat="server" />

<Address:BusnAddr ID="BusnAddr" runat="server" />

<asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" Text="Update Profile" runat="server" />
</asp:content>

Here is the aspx.cs file:
using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.IO;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using MORSite.properties;

public partial class profile : System.Web.UI.Page
{

protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e)

UserProfile U = new UserProfile();
U = SQLRoutines.GetProfile(3275);

HomeAddr.textboxSet("txtAddrLine1", U.HomeAddrLine1, 40,
390, false);
BusnAddr.textboxSet("txtAddrLine1", U.BusnAddrLine1, 40,
390, false);

Thanks,
Robert