retrieving windowsidentity using the logon name only?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jéjé, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    In this article:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000023.asp

    there is a section called "Impersonating by Using the WindowsIdentity
    Constructor",

    I try it, but I receive a "There are currently no logon servers available to
    service the logon request" error

    The code is: (test done into the logon.aspx page after I have validated the
    user login with a form authentication)

    Dim wi As WindowsIdentity = New WindowsIdentity(Login1.UserName)

    The delegation is activated for this server. (in the active directory)

    like describe here

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000024.asp

    any idea of what's appends?

    jerome.

    Jéjé, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    ok
    I have disabled the impersonate option in the web.config file.
    so now I can impersonate my user like I want...

    but I receive some errors when I try to access my backend resources, which
    is an OLAP server...

    Jéjé, Oct 22, 2005