Retuncode:"The stub received bad data" in XP SP2 - where does this come from?

EdDev

beginning with Windows XP SP2 I got a problem concerning Safearrays in
my Software.
Using Windows XP SP1 everything works fine.
I call via COM another application to start the communication via
serial interface to an external device, e.g. locally via COM1 port. FCB
<-> Communicator

For this I use the technic of Safearray and with the following
settings:
m_sArray.cDims = 1;
m_sArray.fFeatures = FADF_AUTO | FADF_FIXEDSIZE | FADF_HAVEVARTYPE;
m_sArray.cbElements = 1;
m_sArray.cLocks = 0;
m_sArray.pvData = pData;
m_sArray.rgsabound[0].lLbound = 0;
m_sArray.rgsabound[0].cElements = len;
m_pArray = &m_sArray;
m_variant.vt = VT_ARRAY | VT_BYREF;
m_variant.pparray = &m_pArray;

Obviously the safearray can be sent but the following error behavior
appears:
hr=800706f7, Code meaning: The stub received bad data.

Anyone an idea how to proceed?
Please tell me.

Victor Bazarov

EdDev said:
beginning with Windows XP SP2 I got a problem concerning Safearrays in
my Software.
Using Windows XP SP1 everything works fine.
[...]
Anyone an idea how to proceed?
Please tell me.

Oh, yes. Please proceed to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer. Here your
inquiry is off-topic.

Victor