return an array with SOAP Axis call...

Discussion in 'Java' started by Axel Burwitz, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Axel Burwitz

    Axel Burwitz Guest

    Hi,

    sorry for boring with a very basic question, but I cannot solve it..

    want get back an int array from my SOAP Axis web service. In the call, after
    some testing , reading, trying, I have set for "setReturnType" now
    "Constants.SOAP_ARRAY" (I am far from being sure...)

    But when I start the call, it gets "java.lang.ClassCastException" !

    Can anybody help me with a hint for the correct and appropriate definition ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Axel

    call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
    call.setOperationName("distrowatchserverselectdb");
    Integer movieid = new Integer(2);
    call.addParameter("movieid",
    org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INTEGER,
    javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
    call.setReturnType(Constants.SOAP_ARRAY);
    int[] ret = (int[]) call.invoke( new Object[] {movieid});
    System.out.println("Bin zur?ck");
    ClientDistroWatch.dwstimmen=ret;
    // } catch (Exception e) {
    System.err.println(e.toString());