Return more than one item with an ASMX page

USCG

My ASMX page currently returns one item in the XML
document when I click the invoke button. Can anyone tell
me how to return two or more items on the same XML
document?

I just need a simple example-I have included my current
code for reference. Thank you.

Imports System.Web.Services
'The class is Service1
<System.Web.Services.WebService
(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/Prototype/Service1")> _
Public Class Service1
Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService
#Region " Web Services Designer Generated Code "
Public Sub New()
MyBase.New()
'This call is required by the Web Services
Designer.
InitializeComponent()
'Add your own initialization code after the
InitializeComponent() call
End Sub
'Required by the Web Services Designer
Private components As System.ComponentModel.IContainer
'NOTE: The following procedure is required by the Web
Services Designer
'It can be modified using the Web Services Designer.
<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private
Sub InitializeComponent()
components = New System.ComponentModel.Container
End Sub
Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal
disposing As Boolean)
'CODEGEN: This procedure is required by the Web
Services Designer
If disposing Then
If Not (components Is Nothing) Then
components.Dispose()
End If
End If
MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
End Sub
#End Region
<WebMethod()> _
Public Function HelloWorld() As String
Dim TheMessage As String = "First message"
Return TheMessage
Dim TheNextMessage As String = "Second message"
Return TheNextMessage
End Function
End Class

Manohar Kamath

You can use the "out" parameters into the method

[WebMethod]
public string HellWorld(out string anotherString)
{
anotherString = "Hello";

return "World!";
}

while calling your proxy object:

string outString;
string returnString = proxy.HelloWorld(out outString);

Another idea is to create a composite class and return that object. Hope
that helps.