Returned value question

Nadero

Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe name
or name= ?

<form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())' name='info'
enctype='multipart/form-data'>
</form>

Thank you.
Obviously I am a bit newie :)

David Dorward

Nadero said:
Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe
name or name= ?
<form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())'
name='info' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
</form>

What label? You don't have a <label> element in that code example. Are you
asking if a server side process can find out the value of the name
attribute of the form that is the source of submitted data? No, the
attribute (when attached to a form element) is only useful for client side
scripting (and is deprecated in favour of the id attribute).

Nadero

Thank you very much David Dorward, you resolved my question.

I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
specification):
<input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
:Will the server side process receive the value Num=0? If so, may I change
the value of "Num" with a Javascript (within the samen page), and then by
example return to the server Num=3?

David Dorward

Nadero wrote:

Please don't top post.

I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
specification):
<input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
:Will the server side process receive the value Num=0?

http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-disabled

"Disabled controls can not be successful"

http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.2

"When a form is submitted for processing, some controls have their name
paired with their current value and these pairs are submitted with the
form. Those controls for which name/value pairs are submitted are called
successful controls."