    </form>

    Thank you.
    Obviously I am a bit newie :)

    Nadero, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Nadero wrote:
    > Hello: I need to know if label below returns something by itsef. Maybe
    > name or name= ?

    > <form action='post.php' method=POST onSubmit='return(checkit())'
    > name='info' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
    > </form>

    What label? You don't have a <label> element in that code example. Are you
    asking if a server side process can find out the value of the name
    attribute of the form that is the source of submitted data? No, the
    attribute (when attached to a form element) is only useful for client side
    scripting (and is deprecated in favour of the id attribute).

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Nadero

    Nadero Guest

    Thank you very much David Dorward, you resolved my question.

    I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
    another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
    specification):
    <input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
    :Will the server side process receive the value Num=0? If so, may I change
    the value of "Num" with a Javascript (within the samen page), and then by
    example return to the server Num=3?

    Nadero, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Nadero wrote:

    Please don't top post.

    > I am a bit confused with forms about returned values to the server. I have
    > another similar doubt, by example with code bellow (due the "disabled"
    > specification):
    > <input name="Num" value="0" size="2" disabled>
    > :Will the server side process receive the value Num=0?

    http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-disabled

    "Disabled controls can not be successful"

    http://w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.2

    "When a form is submitted for processing, some controls have their name
    paired with their current value and these pairs are submitted with the
    form. Those controls for which name/value pairs are submitted are called
    successful controls."

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Sep 28, 2004