Returning/Capturing the status of a checkbox in a gridview (V2.0)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEtlbGxlcg==?=, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. I've been working on a web project (VB) previously done with DataGrids in
    VS2003. I've migrated the project over to VS2005, because I like what I've
    seen of the newer features. Soooo..

    I've got a gridview with nothing but multiple checkboxes to be used for
    indicating the status of a request. I'm using Oracle 9x for my DBMS and
    Oracle's .NET data access client. Getting the each of the checkboxes
    populated from the database is not a problem.

    The problem is when I go to instantiate the update is when I die. Just how
    does one extract the 'checked' status of each of those checkboxes from the
    GridView to properly build my update statement? I've used a couple of
    different methods I found, but all of them are for interfacing with an Access
    or SQL Server DBMS and don't work at all with Oracle. I've been all over the
    MSDN, Object Viewer, and dozens of web sites only to find nothing of any
    help, so far.

    Other that the suggestion that I get away from Oracle (my friends' all
    shout), I just need to determine the checked status of each of the checkboxes
    in the gridview....
    --
    Bob Keller
    Woodbridge, VA

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEtlbGxlcg==?=, Nov 30, 2005