    be GIF to be reuseable. How can I convert that format?

    Peace,
    STM

    Sean McIlroy, Jan 14, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Sean McIlroy <> wrote:
    >I'd like to save one Tkinter Canvas in order to use it on another
    >Canvas later. The problem is that it gets saved as EPS but it needs to
    >be GIF to be reuseable. How can I convert that format?

    .
    .
    .
    There's probably a snappy answer to this, but I don't know it.

    There certainly are EPS -> GIF converters, if you truly want to
    go that way. In the Tk tradition, there are two main approaches
    to this need:
    1. Use the Img extension, which knows how to render
    Canvases as .gif (and much else);
    2. "Serialize" the canvas, and re-render it.

    Img is a venerable Tk extension, with a long, distinguished,
    history. It's not in the core only because of administrative
    issues not of interest here. It ought to work fine with
    Tkinter--but I know of no one who's succeeded in the attempt.

    Cameron Laird, Jan 15, 2005