reusing Tkinter Canvases

Sean McIlroy

I'd like to save one Tkinter Canvas in order to use it on another
Canvas later. The problem is that it gets saved as EPS but it needs to
be GIF to be reuseable. How can I convert that format?

Peace,
STM

Cameron Laird

I'd like to save one Tkinter Canvas in order to use it on another
Canvas later. The problem is that it gets saved as EPS but it needs to
be GIF to be reuseable. How can I convert that format?
.
.
.
There's probably a snappy answer to this, but I don't know it.

There certainly are EPS -> GIF converters, if you truly want to
go that way. In the Tk tradition, there are two main approaches
to this need:
1. Use the Img extension, which knows how to render
Canvases as .gif (and much else);
2. "Serialize" the canvas, and re-render it.

Img is a venerable Tk extension, with a long, distinguished,
history. It's not in the core only because of administrative
issues not of interest here. It ought to work fine with
Tkinter--but I know of no one who's succeeded in the attempt.