reverse string, how to print string and not decimals?

Antoninus Twink

Default User said:
Learn basic netiquette.

**** you. I've been civil this entire time and posting
on usenet (including brief stints on this board) since 1999. [snip]
You're a liar, and an asshole, and I'm done with you.

A perceptive analysis.

Any minute now, Default Loser will respond with his trademark
*plonk*
post. It's so mind-numbingly, excruciatingly, pathetically predictable.

Rest assured that being in DL's killfile is the best place you can be -
as you've seen, he contributes absolutely nothing useful to this group,
but instead devotes his time to pissing people off with his tiresome
rants on netiquette, topicality and accusations of "trolling".

Default User

Mark said:
Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
I apologize if my snip insulted you,

Learn basic netiquette.

**** you. I've been civil this entire time and posting
on usenet (including brief stints on this board) since 1999.

More bullshit. Mealy-mouthed "sorry if I hurt your feelings" crap
doesn't cut it. Apologize for your actions. You were in the wrong.
Where? What you said was:
"Show us the code. There is no printf() in what you have."

Looks to me like you examined the code, and didn't see a printf()
statement. You're a liar, and an asshole, and I'm done with you.

So what does that mean to you? It's exactly as I said, I noted that the
code didn't represent what he said it did and requested the real code.

Apparently reading comprehension is another thing that is not one of
your strong suits.

Brian

Richard

Mark said:
Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
I apologize if my snip insulted you,

Learn basic netiquette.

**** you. I've been civil this entire time and posting
on usenet (including brief stints on this board) since 1999.

More bullshit. Mealy-mouthed "sorry if I hurt your feelings" crap
doesn't cut it. Apologize for your actions. You were in the wrong.

Why don't you just go an boil your head you prissy little arse?
So what does that mean to you? It's exactly as I said, I noted that the
code didn't represent what he said it did and requested the real code.

Apparently reading comprehension is another thing that is not one of
your strong suits.

Where do you get off continually picking at peoples posts? Do you get
some kind of perverse kick from being the head prefect in c.l.c? We are
all well aware that your C skills are severely lacking, so surely it
would be better for you to keep quiet rather than constantly show
yourself up to be a pedantic dickhead with nothing to offer the group in
terms of C language, or implementation and debugging?

Richard

Richard Heathfield said:
Mark said:
Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
I apologize if my snip insulted you,

Learn basic netiquette.

**** you. I've been civil this entire time and posting
on usenet (including brief stints on this board) since 1999.

More bullshit. Mealy-mouthed "sorry if I hurt your feelings" crap
doesn't cut it. Apologize for your actions. You were in the wrong.

If you two can't calm down, could you at least do us all a favour and take
this to email, please? It doesn't seem to be even remotely about C.

Thanks.

This should be good. Bwian Busybody won't like that one bit. He thinks
that patrolling the c.l.c corridors is his job now that Chuck appears
to have totally lost the plot and is reverting to Pascal!

CBFalconer

Richard said:
Mark said:
Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
I apologize if my snip insulted you,

Learn basic netiquette.

**** you. I've been civil this entire time and posting
on usenet (including brief stints on this board) since 1999.

More bullshit. Mealy-mouthed "sorry if I hurt your feelings"
crap doesn't cut it. Apologize for your actions. You were in
the wrong.

If you two can't calm down, could you at least do us all a
favour and take this to email, please? It doesn't seem to be
even remotely about C.

And it is even attracting comment from the twin trolls Richard and
Twink, thus quadrupling the length of the useless thread. If you
keep it up you will probably also attract McCormack. At least they
are plonkable, but we don't really want to plonk you two.

Chris M. Thomasson

Richard said:
Learn basic netiquette.

Bullshit. I specifically said that I wasn't going to comment because he
didn't provide a complete example.
[...]

Calm down Bwian.

Its Brian right? If so, why misspell his name on purpose? Seems quite odd
indeed...

:^/

Chris M. Thomasson

santosh said:
If you were concerned enough with getting his name right, presumably,
you'd also be concerned enough to take his oft repeated advice. :)

Ouch.

Nick Keighley

Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
    char* acc[length];
Oops!
I most certainly did NOT write that.

No, but you quoted it, and rather than looking
at the code and finding the error, you asked for
additional information, while his problem was
looking you right in the face... no?

no not really. Yes the above is probably wrong (hard to
tell as you snip the context out) but I don't think it
addresses the OP's problem he wants to "print string
and not decimals". I suspect his printf() format is wrong.

Nick Keighley

Its Brian right? If so, why misspell his name on purpose? Seems quite odd
indeed...

<sigh> because he's trying to be annoying. ie. he's a troll (some of
the
time).

Don't Feed The Troll

Richard

Chris M. Thomasson said:
Richard said:
Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:

Richard Heathfield wrote:

So? You removed the attribution from the person who DID write it

Yes, he did, but...

and said that I did.

...no, he didn't do that, not as far as anyone is concerned who
retains the ability to count quote-markers.

I'm sorry, but that's a crock.

I apologize if my snip insulted you,

Learn basic netiquette.

but IMHO you
did inherit his mistake with your response.

Bullshit. I specifically said that I wasn't going to comment because he
didn't provide a complete example.
[...]

Calm down Bwian.

Its Brian right? If so, why misspell his name on purpose? Seems quite
odd indeed...

Typo. Oh dear me. You have entered the ranks of clc spelling nazis
now. Well done .... You and Bwian will get on great.

Chris M. Thomasson

Richard said:
Typo. Oh dear me. You have entered the ranks of clc spelling nazis
now. Well done .... You and Bwian will get on great.

Your calling me a Nazi... Your IQ mush be very high indeed... BTW, Let be
spell your name correctly:

First Name: DICK

Last Name: HEAD

=^D

Chris M. Thomasson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
Your calling me a Nazi... Your IQ mush be very high indeed... BTW, Let be
spell your name correctly:

First Name: DICK

Last Name: HEAD

=^D

I won't plonk you until you explicitly correct the error I made in the
response... Do you want to be a nazi?

Richard

Chris M. Thomasson said:
I won't plonk you until you explicitly correct the error I made in the
response... Do you want to be a nazi?

Serious question - what are you talking about?

Where did I say I wanted to be a Nazi? I called you a "spelling nazi"
which is quite common on Usenet for people you pick up on spelling
errors.

As I said. You and Bwian will get on great. Don't believe me? Google up
his posts to this group. 99.99% of them are "group monitor" type posts
where he tells people who they can reply to, what they can post about
and what he deems on topic. Plus the usual plethora of "suck up" posts
to garner him some extra pats from the regulars.

Personally I read most posts and only contribute if the usual, usually
obvious, solution has not been offered. It is rare that this is not done
within about 10 seconds of the OP. Others will reply regardless in order
to get their name in lights. Bwian and CBFalconer are two such posters
but without the in depth knowledge of C which I admit that Heathfield
has, despite my dislike for his haughty demeanour.

Chris M. Thomasson

Richard said:
Chris M. Thomasson said:
Chris M. Thomasson said:
[...]
Its Brian right? If so, why misspell his name on purpose? Seems quite
odd indeed...

Typo. Oh dear me. You have entered the ranks of clc spelling nazis
now. Well done .... You and Bwian will get on great.

Your calling me a Nazi... Your IQ mush be very high indeed... BTW,
Let be spell your name correctly:

First Name: DICK

Last Name: HEAD

=^D

I won't plonk you until you explicitly correct the error I made in the
response... Do you want to be a nazi?

Serious question - what are you talking about?
Where did I say I wanted to be a Nazi?

The question was stupid and sarcastic of course. You could correct the
mistakes in my reply, but does that make you a "spelling nazi" or "grammar
nazi"? Hell no!

I called you a "spelling nazi"
which is quite common on Usenet for people you pick up on spelling
errors.

Why do you seemingly throw around the word nazi so lightly? Why not use the
word fascist instead?

Chris M. Thomasson

Chris M. Thomasson said:
IMVHO, the non-consistent trolls are the worst kind!

:^|

Okay. I have feed him enough. I will not reply to him unless its about C
programming. He called me a nazi and pissed me off real good; I don't want
to end up in thousands of killfiles by arguing with him any more than I
already have!

So sorry about that non-sense.

;^(...

Nick said:
no not really. Yes the above is probably wrong (hard to
tell as you snip the context out) but I don't think it
addresses the OP's problem he wants to "print string
and not decimals". I suspect his printf() format is wrong.

And as he hadn't posted a version of the program with a printf()
originally, it didn't seem fruitful to comment on what had been posted.
Hence a request to post the real code. That should have been
unremarkable.

Brian

Mark B [Diputsur]

Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:
char* acc[length];

I most certainly did NOT write that.

No, but you quoted it, and rather than looking
at the code and finding the error, you asked for
additional information, while his problem was
looking you right in the face... no?

no not really.

Yes sir, really.
Yes the above is probably wrong (hard to
tell as you snip the context out)

It wasn't hard to tell when the thread only had
2 posts on it, much has happened since though.
but I don't think it
addresses the OP's problem he wants to "print string
and not decimals". I suspect his printf() format is wrong.

Fairly obvious that the printf() statement was inserted for
debugging purposes and does not belong in the completed
code.

--

Is this really what CLC has turned into?
I see more than a few familiar names (surprised by the

santosh

Mark B [Diputsur] wrote:

Is this really what CLC has turned into?

Frankly there more debates on topicality than there should be, but I
don't see any resolution, as different participants hold entrenched
views.

Personally I only object to repeated off-topic posts even after the
concerned poster has been told of the presence of better groups to
serve his purpose. Newbies posting off-topic questions are natural,
since they cannot be expected to know the topicality constraints of
this group even before their first post.

However, there are some here who object to *any* redirection, no matter
how off-topic the post. IIRC one of the so-called trolls even wanted to
deliberately discuss hardware issues here.
[ ... ] there seems to be an abundant number of trolls here
as well. That's a shame.

Well I count all of them on the fingers of one hand. Not that much
really.