rewrite

gcr

Hey this is cool! Expecially
map { s/%(..)/chr(hex $1)/eg; $_ } split /=/, $_, 2;

Thanks!

Jürgen Exner

gcr said:
Hey this is cool! Expecially
map { s/%(..)/chr(hex $1)/eg; $_ } split /=/, $_, 2;

Well, did you just discover that Perl has map() and split()?
Sure these are nice functions and I am happy that they excite you so much
that you had to tell the world, but a bit of explanation about what you
tried to solve and how those functions work for you would have been nice.
The way you wrote this nobody nows what you really are talking about.

jue

gcr

Apologies all around for breaking the thread. I was getting chastised
for not using CGI.pm - a poster was rewriting a regex. I liked the code,
made a comment. Sorry for the waste of precious bandwidth. What is this
map of which you speak ;-> That's a joke.

The agro level is too high here so I'll stick to lurking.
I tech support some political boards so I see enough flaming.