    Hey this is cool! Expecially
    map { s/%(..)/chr(hex $1)/eg; $_ } split /=/, $_, 2;

    Thanks!

    gcr, Nov 29, 2006

  2. gcr wrote:
    > Hey this is cool! Expecially
    > map { s/%(..)/chr(hex $1)/eg; $_ } split /=/, $_, 2;

    Well, did you just discover that Perl has map() and split()?
    Sure these are nice functions and I am happy that they excite you so much
    that you had to tell the world, but a bit of explanation about what you
    tried to solve and how those functions work for you would have been nice.
    The way you wrote this nobody nows what you really are talking about.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Nov 29, 2006

  3. gcr

    gcr Guest

    In article <jzhbh.10329$IW2.8988@trndny03>,
    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:

    Apologies all around for breaking the thread. I was getting chastised
    for not using CGI.pm - a poster was rewriting a regex. I liked the code,
    made a comment. Sorry for the waste of precious bandwidth. What is this
    map of which you speak ;-> That's a joke.

    The agro level is too high here so I'll stick to lurking.
    I tech support some political boards so I see enough flaming.

    gcr, Nov 30, 2006