RewritePath and Hyperlink's ImageUrl property

Aidy

..net 2.0

After much messing around I finally worked out what issue was throwing
errors in my code and found the workaround was easy. After googling I see
it is a known issue

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=235385

Does anyone know of any other caveats I might come across when using the
code below?

Context.RewritePath("~/Target.aspx", false);

I'm just thinking that there may be other similar bugs out there (and has
the one above been patched yet?).

The original URL is in a sub folder but the page it is transferring to is in
the root. Also as the rewriting I'm doing is quite trivial I'm just using
the Application_BeginRequest event to parse the URL and see if I need to
rewrite. I've never really done much url rewriting before and I see from
the web lots of people seem to use custom modules etc. I'm not sure if
that's overkill for my needs, what's the latest thinking on url rewriting?