    ..htaccess file.
    Thank you,
    , Mar 14, 2006

  2. Steve Peters Guest

    --uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

    On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:23:46AM +0900, wrote:
    > Hi.
    > I want to direct all access of "/" to index.html
    > I tried many things, but it doesn't work.
    > Like:
    >=20
    > RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
    > RewriteRule ^/$ /var/www/public/index.html [R]
    >=20
    > If I access /index.html, everything works fine.
    > I don't have scgi-bin or dispatch.scgi on my Linux ES4.
    > Is that normal?
    > It will be very helpful if somebody can provide a httpd.conf file and
    > ..htaccess file.

    You don't need a RewriteRule, you need DirectoryIndex.

    DirectoryIndex index.html

    Steve Peters

    --uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

    --uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V--
    Steve Peters, Mar 14, 2006

    Thank you for your message.
    I do have DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf.
    But after I run RubyOnRails, the configuration stopped working.
    I am trying to run RubyOnRails with scgi on RedHat ES4.
    , Mar 16, 2006