RewriteRule with scgi on Apache 2

meng.frank

Hi.
I want to direct all access of "/" to index.html
I tried many things, but it doesn't work.
Like:

RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
RewriteRule ^/$ /var/www/public/index.html [R]

If I access /index.html, everything works fine.
I don't have scgi-bin or dispatch.scgi on my Linux ES4.
Is that normal?
It will be very helpful if somebody can provide a httpd.conf file and
..htaccess file.
Thank you,

Steve Peters

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

Hi.
I want to direct all access of "/" to index.html
I tried many things, but it doesn't work.
Like:
=20
RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
RewriteRule ^/$ /var/www/public/index.html [R]
=20
If I access /index.html, everything works fine.
I don't have scgi-bin or dispatch.scgi on my Linux ES4.
Is that normal?
It will be very helpful if somebody can provide a httpd.conf file and
..htaccess file.

You don't need a RewriteRule, you need DirectoryIndex.

DirectoryIndex index.html

Steve Peters
(e-mail address removed)

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V

--uQr8t48UFsdbeI+V--

meng.frank

Thank you for your message.
I do have DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf.
But after I run RubyOnRails, the configuration stopped working.
I am trying to run RubyOnRails with scgi on RedHat ES4.