    it's defined as, it just dies anytime it sees it defined.

    --
    Eric Will

    Eric Will, Sep 18, 2008

  2. Eric Will

    Mark Thomas Guest

    On Sep 18, 7:58 am, Eric Will <> wrote:
    > Any time it parses anything that has "xmlns:xml" defined, it spits out
    > an error saying you MUST NOT redefine this attribute. However,
    > according to the XML spec:
    >
    >   The prefix xml is by definition bound to the namespace name
    >  http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace. It MAY, but need not, be
    >   declared, and MUST NOT be bound to any other namespace name. Other
    >   prefixes MUST NOT be bound to this namespace name, and it MUST NOT be
    >   declared as the default namespace.
    >
    > In other words, it MAY be defined ashttp://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.REXML doesn't check to see what
    > it's defined as, it just dies anytime it sees it defined.
    >
    > --
    > Eric Will

    I suggest you report it as a bug. I see a similar one:
    http://www.germane-software.com/projects/rexml/ticket/106

    - Mark.

    P.S. in the mean time you may want to try libxml-ruby which is pretty
    stable these days.

    Mark Thomas, Sep 18, 2008

  3. Eric Will

    Eric Will Guest

    On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Mark Thomas <> wrote:

    > I suggest you report it as a bug. I see a similar one:
    > http://www.germane-software.com/projects/rexml/ticket/106

    That ticket is wrong. It's fine to define it as the default namespace.
    I can't correct anything, because their tracker requires registration.
    No thanks.

    > - Mark.
    >
    > P.S. in the mean time you may want to try libxml-ruby which is pretty
    > stable these days.

    I'll look into it.

    Eric Will, Sep 18, 2008