RFC on "Beyond jQuery: JavaScript tools for the HTML5 generation"

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Gene Wirchenko, Nov 9, 2011.

  1. Gene Wirchenko, Nov 9, 2011

  2. Gene Wirchenko

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <>,
    Gene Wirchenko <> wrote:

    > Dear JavaScripters:
    >
    > I ran across this this morning:
    > http://www.infoworld.com/d/html5/beyond-jquery-javascript-tools-the-html5-gene
    > ration-178437
    >
    > How accurate is it?

    From what point of view? Personally I don't use jscript of anyone else's
    framework and that's likely to continue.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Nov 9, 2011

  3. Re: RFC on "Beyond jQuery: JavaScript tools for the HTML5generation"

    On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:22:41 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

    > From what point of view? Personally I don't use jscript of anyone else's
    > framework and that's likely to continue.

    Seconded - my pages never need to do anything that requires the bloat of
    jquery and it's brethren.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Nov 9, 2011
  4. On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 at 09:34:45, in comp.lang.javascript, Gene Wirchenko
    wrote:
    >Dear JavaScripters:
    >
    > I ran across this this morning:
    >http://www.infoworld.com/d/html5/beyond-jquery-javascript-tools-the-
    >html5-generation-178437
    >
    > How accurate is it?

    It says
    if(navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE')>=0) ...

    so dubious at best. It's also very slow to load and says it's XHTML.

    John
    --
    John Harris

    John G Harris, Nov 10, 2011