RFC on VHDL LRM 93[8.4.1]

Al

Mike said:
Mike Treseler wrote:

overload example:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/proc_overload.vhd

-- Mike Treseler

I would like to inform you that your approach to testbench has
completely changed my way of working. It didn't take a lot after all to
get used to these procedures nesting and procedure overloading. My
testbench now look much easy to handle and even more efficient.

Still I didn't get enough confidence with records and how to share
common variables, but I will manage to work it out.

Thanks a lot
Al

Mike Treseler

Al said:
I would like to inform you that your approach to testbench has
completely changed my way of working. It didn't take a lot after all to
get used to these procedures nesting and procedure overloading. My
testbench now look much easy to handle and even more efficient.

Thanks for your kind remarks.
And thanks to Jonathan Bromley who first posted the
parameter overloading idea here several years ago.
Still I didn't get enough confidence with records and how to share
common variables, but I will manage to work it out.

As long as I can make it down the hill
with my skis still on, it doesn't matter that much

-- Mike Treseler

Andy

Jim said:
... Ok so I have suffered through more than one
project using either Synopsys DC or FPGA compiler for an
FPGA design. As a result, I tend to protect myself
more than the coding style you enjoy affords.

Don't even get me started on the garbage I've had to put up with to get
reasonable results from DC and/or FC!

See there, my BP is already up!

Andy