    Can this be done? Where do I begin?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mike.

    Mike - EMAIL IGNORED, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I have a C++ Red Hat 8.0 program that will need
    > to use some utilities written in Java. I would
    > like to a generate shared library from the Java
    > code that will be linked into the C++ program
    > so that everything runs in one process.
    > Can this be done? Where do I begin?

    This newsgroup discusses the ISO C++ standard language and library.
    What you're asking cannot be solved in terms of ISO C++ alone.

    <off-topic>
    I think JNI is exactly what you're looking for. Also, find yourself a
    good Java forum; they should be able to help you.
    </off-topic>

    - Shane

    Shane Beasley, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Shane Beasley wrote:

    > Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > I have a C++ Red Hat 8.0 program that will need
    > > to use some utilities written in Java. I would
    > > like to a generate shared library from the Java
    > > code that will be linked into the C++ program
    > > so that everything runs in one process.
    > > Can this be done? Where do I begin?

    > This newsgroup discusses the ISO C++ standard language and library.
    > What you're asking cannot be solved in terms of ISO C++ alone.
    >
    > <off-topic>
    > I think JNI is exactly what you're looking for. Also, find yourself a
    > good Java forum; they should be able to help you.
    > </off-topic>
    >
    > - Shane

    No doubt a java group would consider reference to c++ off-topic.
    This narrow view is an anathema to effective productivity.
    Mike.

    Mike - EMAIL IGNORED, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > No doubt a java group would consider reference to c++ off-topic.
    > This narrow view is an anathema to effective productivity.

    JNI is part of what Sun is marketing as Java. Therefore, it had better be on-topic.

    - Shane

    Shane Beasley, Sep 29, 2003