Rhapsody 7.0 link error

bcoder77

Hi All,

I am using Rhapsody7.0 in C++ with Miscrosoft Visual Studio 9.0. I
wrote a simple "Hello World" project and while running (GMR) the
project I get this error:

Building ------------ Test.exe ------------
Executing: "C:\Rhapsody\Share\etc\msmake.bat" Test.mak build
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.
Linking Test.exe
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Rhapsody7.0\Share
\LangCpp\lib\MSaomanim.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' : return code '0x450'
Stop.

Also, when I try to GMR sample C++ projects, I get the same error. I
also got the "mscvirtd.lib" error. Can anyone tell me how to get
around this?

Please help.

Thanks,
Bill

Victor Bazarov

I am using Rhapsody7.0 in C++ with Miscrosoft Visual Studio 9.0.
[.. setup/install-specific link error..]
Can anyone tell me how to get
around this?

Try Visual C++ newsgroup. Most likely it can't *find* the
library to open (although it says "cannot open"). Make sure
the paths are correct. There is a possibility of the .lib
file to be of a different format, but folks in the Visual
C++ newsgroup will be able to explain it better...

Christopher

[...]

I don't know, but I ran some software called hoobajoobashimsham
yesterday and I clicked the hoonallyletsgo button and it brought up a
list of options in a combo box. Whenever I clicked one of the options,
it asked me to open the yipeedoodah control panel and change my
boomchickabowwow settings to match the ones in the provided .xyz file.
Can you help me fix that first?

I mean we all should have every piece of software in existence
memorized in and out right?
Or maybe I should consult a NG, manual, or forum for
'hoobajoobashimsham'....hmm

At any rate your software pretty much laid it out for you in black and
white: "cannot open file 'C:\Rhapsody7.0\Share\LangCpp\lib
\MSaomanim.lib"

Now you need to ask in a place specific to your software how to help
it find MSaomanim.lib, if MSaomanim.lib exists, or how to bring
MSaomanim.lib into existance.