    Thanks,
    Bill
    , Feb 14, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > I am using Rhapsody7.0 in C++ with Miscrosoft Visual Studio 9.0.
    > [.. setup/install-specific link error..]
    > Can anyone tell me how to get
    > around this?

    Try Visual C++ newsgroup. Most likely it can't *find* the
    library to open (although it says "cannot open"). Make sure
    the paths are correct. There is a possibility of the .lib
    file to be of a different format, but folks in the Visual
    C++ newsgroup will be able to explain it better...

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Christopher Guest

    On Feb 14, 3:51 pm, wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am using Rhapsody7.0 in C++ with Miscrosoft Visual Studio 9.0. I
    > wrote a simple "Hello World" project and while running (GMR) the
    > project I get this error:
    >
    > Building ------------ Test.exe ------------
    > Executing: "C:\Rhapsody\Share\etc\msmake.bat" Test.mak build
    > Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.
    > Linking Test.exe
    > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Rhapsody7.0\Share
    > \LangCpp\lib\MSaomanim.lib'
    > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    > 9.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' : return code '0x450'
    > Stop.
    >
    > Also, when I try to GMR sample C++ projects, I get the same error. I
    > also got the "mscvirtd.lib" error. Can anyone tell me how to get
    > around this?
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

    I don't know, but I ran some software called hoobajoobashimsham
    yesterday and I clicked the hoonallyletsgo button and it brought up a
    list of options in a combo box. Whenever I clicked one of the options,
    it asked me to open the yipeedoodah control panel and change my
    boomchickabowwow settings to match the ones in the provided .xyz file.
    Can you help me fix that first?

    I mean we all should have every piece of software in existence
    memorized in and out right?
    Or maybe I should consult a NG, manual, or forum for
    'hoobajoobashimsham'....hmm

    At any rate your software pretty much laid it out for you in black and
    white: "cannot open file 'C:\Rhapsody7.0\Share\LangCpp\lib
    \MSaomanim.lib"

    Now you need to ask in a place specific to your software how to help
    it find MSaomanim.lib, if MSaomanim.lib exists, or how to bring
    MSaomanim.lib into existance.
    Christopher, Feb 14, 2008