    documentaiton for stdlib conveniently?

    Sincerely,
    Minkoo Seo
    Minkoo Seo, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Minkoo Seo

    Eric Luo Guest

    ------=_Part_10597_8144142.1143793248048

    change the current directory to the source directory of ruby distribution,
    and then

    Eric Luo, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Minkoo Seo

    Minkoo Seo Guest

    Thanks Eric.

    I've tried the command, but I failed primarily because there's no such
    things like 'socket.rb' Socket is written in C, I guess. So there's no
    document. The same situation in resolv.rb. At this time, resolv.rb does
    not contain RDoc documents.

    So, does all people in this group examine source codes of Ruby whenever
    they want to do something serious with stdlib?

    Sincerely,
    Minkoo Seo
    Minkoo Seo, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Minkoo Seo

    Minkoo Seo Guest

    Tim. Please don't be nervous. I am just curious what I'm doing is the
    best way of finding documents.

    Yes. I know that some people, like the ones at ruby-doc.org, are doing
    lots of stuffs for documenting ruby and
    I appreciate their effort. As for me, I'm already doing some
    translations and posting articles in
    Korean ruby community to attract more programmers into the realm of
    Ruby.

    Anyway, what you've said seem to confirm that there's no solid
    documentation available for stdlib.
    Well. Disappointed a little bit.

    Sincerely,
    Minkoo Seo
    Minkoo Seo, Mar 31, 2006
  5. Minkoo Seo

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Mar 30, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Minkoo Seo wrote:

    > Hi group.
    >
    > I installed stable release of ruby 'ruby 1.8.4 (2006-03-29)
    > [i686-linux]' in my linux box. But, when I try to run ri on stdlib,
    > say
    > Socket, it says 'Nothing known about Socket.' Running 'ri Resolv'
    > resulted in the same message.

    There is no RDoc for Resolv in 1.8. Only in HEAD.

    It seems that Socket is not fully RDoc'd in 1.8. I didn't check HEAD.

    --
    Eric Hodel - - http://blog.segment7.net

    http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
    Eric Hodel, Mar 31, 2006