ri search question

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Li Chen, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Li Chen

    Li Chen Guest

    Hi all,

    I try to find a methed(File.basename) using ri but it doesn't work. Any
    comments?

    Thanks,

    Li

    #
    C:\>ri File.basename
    More than one method matched your request. You can refine
    your search by asking for information on one of:

    File::basename, File::basename

    Li Chen, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Li Chen

    ChrisH Guest

    Li Chen wrote:
    > C:\>ri File.basename
    > More than one method matched your request. You can refine
    > your search by asking for information on one of:
    >
    > File::basename, File::basename
    >

    > C:\>ri File::basename
    > More than one method matched your request. You can refine
    > your search by asking for information on one of:
    >
    > File::basename, File::basename

    You have 2 copies of the docs for File. RI can't differentiate gives
    you this message.
    Need to delete/hide one of the doc directories so RI will use the
    remaining

    Cheers
    Chris

    ChrisH, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Li Chen

    ChrisH Guest

    On Dec 13, 12:15 pm, chen li <> wrote:
    > > You have 2 copies of the docs for File. RI can't
    > > differentiate gives
    > > you this message.
    > > Need to delete/hide one of the doc directories so RI
    > > will use the
    > > remainingHi Chris,

    > I search all the file.rb in my Ruby folder and delete
    > all of them except one.

    ri docs are generated from the *.rb files. They usually reside
    in a directory '.../doc/<lib name>/ri' near the lib. The ri files are
    YAML
    and have a file extension of '.yaml'

    You need to find the 2 sets of ri yaml files for file and remove one

    Cheers

    ChrisH, Dec 13, 2006
  4. Li Chen

    Li Chen Guest

    ChrisH wrote:

    > ri docs are generated from the *.rb files. They usually reside
    > in a directory '.../doc/<lib name>/ri' near the lib. The ri files are
    > YAML
    > and have a file extension of '.yaml'
    >
    > You need to find the 2 sets of ri yaml files for file and remove one
    >
    > Cheers

    It works but I have to delete the whole folder which contains the files.

    Thanks,

    Li

    Li Chen, Dec 14, 2006