ri search question

Li Chen

Hi all,

I try to find a methed(File.basename) using ri but it doesn't work. Any
comments?

Thanks,

Li

#
C:\>ri File.basename
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

File::basename, File::basename

C:\>ri File::basename
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

File::basename, File::basename

C:\>

ChrisH

Li Chen wrote:
C:\>ri File.basename
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

File::basename, File::basename

C:\>ri File::basename
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

File::basename, File::basename

You have 2 copies of the docs for File. RI can't differentiate gives
you this message.
Need to delete/hide one of the doc directories so RI will use the
remaining

Cheers
Chris

ChrisH

I search all the file.rb in my Ruby folder and delete
all of them except one.

ri docs are generated from the *.rb files. They usually reside
in a directory '.../doc/<lib name>/ri' near the lib. The ri files are
YAML
and have a file extension of '.yaml'

You need to find the 2 sets of ri yaml files for file and remove one

Cheers

Li Chen

ChrisH said:
ri docs are generated from the *.rb files. They usually reside
in a directory '.../doc/<lib name>/ri' near the lib. The ri files are
YAML
and have a file extension of '.yaml'

You need to find the 2 sets of ri yaml files for file and remove one

Cheers

It works but I have to delete the whole folder which contains the files.

Thanks,

Li