ri, String and RedCloth

Stephan Kämper

Hi all,

I seem to have problems with ri and Strings & RedCloth (2.0.11).

System: WinXP box running the 1-click-Ruby-Installer 1.8.1-13

My current observation is this:

- Before installing RedCloth 'ri String' works as expected.
- After Installing RedCloth (from the downloaded file),
ri gives great information about RedCloth but this 'information'
on String:

C:\>ri String
More than one class or module matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

String, String, StringArray, StringIO, TkcTagString

Any ideas about what I could/should try to get that to work?

Happy rubying

Stephan

why the lucky stiff

Stephan said:
- After Installing RedCloth (from the downloaded file),
ri gives great information about RedCloth but this 'information'
on String:

C:\>ri String
More than one class or module matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

String, String, StringArray, StringIO, TkcTagString

I have a fix for this which will appear shortly in RedCloth 2.0.12.
I'll see if I can include a bit of code to reverse the change and get
your String docs back as well.

_why

Stephan Kämper

why said:
I have a fix for this which will appear shortly in RedCloth 2.0.12. I'll
see if I can include a bit of code to reverse the change and get your
String docs back as well.

_why

You're great. Thanks a lot.

Happy rubying

Stephan

Dave Thomas

Hi all,

C:\>ri String
More than one class or module matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

String, String, StringArray, StringIO, TkcTagString

It looks as if the RedCloth installation missed off the --merge option
when rdoc'ing its documentation

Cheers

Dave