    Is it possible to have rich client and ASP.NET forms running side-by-side,
    with at least some method of communication between them (if shared memory is
    not viable) ?
    JezB, Feb 3, 2004

  2. You could use embedded WinForms controls in your ASP.NET page, if you want
    an easy solution.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    Chris Jackson, Feb 3, 2004

  3. JezB

    Tommy Guest

    In the ASP.NET page, you can use javascript to get a reference to a
    COM object. You can then share data and communicate between your .NET
    application and the ASP.NET page through the COM object.

    The COM object will need to be downloaded on the client computer for
    this to work.

    Tommy,

    Tommy, Feb 3, 2004
  4. JezB

    JezB Guest

    Thanks. I'll have to look into that because I'm new to ASP.NET and I know
    nothing about COM objects!

    Presumably the client would also need the .NET runtime to run a rich-client
    form. I'd need to access the same database from both too but I won't need
    them running under the same "session".

    JezB, Feb 4, 2004