Rich client and ASP.NET forms running side-by-side??

JezB

Is it possible to have rich client and ASP.NET forms running side-by-side,
with at least some method of communication between them (if shared memory is
not viable) ?

Chris Jackson

You could use embedded WinForms controls in your ASP.NET page, if you want
an easy solution.

Tommy

In the ASP.NET page, you can use javascript to get a reference to a
COM object. You can then share data and communicate between your .NET
application and the ASP.NET page through the COM object.

The COM object will need to be downloaded on the client computer for
this to work.

Tommy,

JezB

Thanks. I'll have to look into that because I'm new to ASP.NET and I know
nothing about COM objects!

Presumably the client would also need the .NET runtime to run a rich-client
form. I'd need to access the same database from both too but I won't need
them running under the same "session".