Rich Text Editing

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Martin Honnen, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. Börni wrote:

    > I know that you can turn on the so called design mode for textareas in
    > internet explorer. But it seems like mozilla can only turn it on for
    > iframes.
    > Basically i just want to know if someone knows a way to turn the design
    > mode on for a textarea in mozilla.

    A <textarea> is a plain text textarea and not a rich text textarea,
    whatever you do with design mode.
    With IE 5.5 and 6 on Windows you can use the HTML attribute extension
    contenteditable="true"
    for abritrary HTML elements (like <div> or <span>) and then the user can
    edit HTML in those elements.
    Mozilla has no support so far for contenteditable.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Börni, Jan 2, 2005