Rich TextBox / HTML TextBox

Jay

I need suggestions on how to provide a simple editor for Users to enter text
with paragraphs, bold, and lists into a web form.

Current asp.net classes -- have I missed something?
Shareware
Commercial products.

Thanks

Jay

Martin Eyles

Hi,

give users a normal text-box, and get them to type in text, using simple
posts back to the server. then set the inner html of a <div id="preview"
runat="server"> tag to whatever is in the text-box. This will show the
styling.

If you want to be clever, you could parse the text in the textbox, and give
an error or correction if something strange is done.

HTH,
Martin

Guadala Harry

Cute Editor for .NET - from Cutesoft.NET: This is a very good editor -
perhaps more than you want - but it's highly customizable; you can configure
it to have just a couple of buttons (Bold, Underline, Italics...) or you can
customize it to have the full set of features you can see in their demos. I
haven't seen a more sophisticated rich text editor.
http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx

HTH

-GH