    is the serialization mechanism used by webservice

    Tx in advance

    Francois
    Francois Malgreve, May 17, 2005

  2. "Francois Malgreve" <francois.malgreveADgmail.com> wrote in
    > I have seen some example showing that a webservice can return a DataSet
    > (does it just call DataSet.GetXml()?).

    Essentially.

    > How can I know is one type or an other type will be supported by

    You can add support for any type.

    > webservice? Can a webservice also return a DataTable or a DataView? In

    No, not in 1.1. In 2.0 IIRC a DataTable can be returned.

    > fact I would like that my webservice return a dataview but i am not sure
    > of how to do so. It seems difficult to know what type are supported by

    A dataview doesnt really contain any data. Why not just fill into another
    Dataset and return then?

    > webservice and also what is the serialization mechanism used by
    > webservice

    This is all listed in MSDN quite plainly.

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 17, 2005