RichEdit hook using visual c++

murlbrown

I am using a class library built by michael kennedy that creates a
system wide hook on the WH_KEYBOARD_LL, but I wanted to changed it to
become a hook for a RichEdit box in another application.

I modified the class keeping a majority of his code, and built a
c#(.net) front end to use this c++ built core library, passing it the
hook type of EM_SETTEXTEX (WM_USER + 97) and the threadID of the
richedit box, his class comes up telling me that this type of hook has
not been implemented. The question/problem here is what includes and
any defines need to be included in the .cpp hook file to work for a
RichEdit box and could it be that I am using a wrong version of
RichEdit?

Has anyone dealt with this type of c++ RichEdit(EM_SETTEXTEX) hook?

Howard

I am using a class library built by michael kennedy that creates a
system wide hook on the WH_KEYBOARD_LL, but I wanted to changed it to
become a hook for a RichEdit box in another application.

I modified the class keeping a majority of his code, and built a
c#(.net) front end to use this c++ built core library, passing it the
hook type of EM_SETTEXTEX (WM_USER + 97) and the threadID of the
richedit box, his class comes up telling me that this type of hook has
not been implemented. The question/problem here is what includes and
any defines need to be included in the .cpp hook file to work for a
RichEdit box and could it be that I am using a wrong version of
RichEdit?

Has anyone dealt with this type of c++ RichEdit(EM_SETTEXTEX) hook?

There is no such thing as a "c++ RichEdit". You need one of the microsoft
newsgroups, presumably one with csharp in its name?

-Howard

murlbrown

There is no such thing as a hook built in c++ that filters the
EM_SETTEXTEX msg?

Larry I Smith

There is no such thing as a hook built in c++ that filters the
EM_SETTEXTEX msg?

As Howard stated. Your problem is related to an MS-Windows
specific API. It is not related to the C++ Language (which
this newsgroup addresses). For example, I use the GCC g++
compiler on Linux, and there is no such thing as EM_SETTEXTEX
or RichEdit; there ARE similar, but different, features in
some of the optional GUI toolkits. You need to address your
question to one of the MS-Windows Developer newsgroups - because
your problem is specific to Windows.

Regards,
Larry

Peter Julian

There is no such thing as a hook built in c++ that filters the
EM_SETTEXTEX msg?

No, there isn't even anything that looks like such a message or constant in
C++. Calling a member function is sending an object a "message" over here.
What you are dealing with is a proprietary system for transferring data
between handles in a proprietary environment which, incidentally, is not
C++.

Best you redirect your question to one of the microsoft-only newsgroups.