    How to use RichText in ASP.NET application. I need to make web page where
    user can write some text, click save and than this content must be saved as
    html content. Can I find some richtext control or I need to use javascript?
    Tomo, Apr 5, 2007

  2. There are plenty of rich text controls on the market for this. For example,
    check out radeditor by telerik
    (http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet/controls/editor/overview.aspx), the
    WebHtmlEditor by Infragistics
    (http://www.infragistics.com/dotnet/netadvantage/aspnet/webhtmleditor.aspx#Overview)
    and FreeTextBox at: http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx

    What you'll need to be careful of though, is controls that use the DHTML
    ActiveX control that has been in Windows for a long time, but hasn't been
    much used. This control is no longer in Windows Vista so Vista users may not
    be able to use the rich text editor in their browsers.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Tomo

    Tomo Guest

    > What you'll need to be careful of though, is controls that use the DHTML
    > ActiveX control that has been in Windows for a long time, but hasn't been
    > much used. This control is no longer in Windows Vista so Vista users may
    > not be able to use the rich text editor in their browsers.

    Oh shit! Why it is excluded from vista? Can vista users download this as
    some windows update or it is inpossible to include this controls in vista?

    btw, Can i use some web server control? Than it doesn't depends with
    operating system?
    Tomo, Apr 5, 2007
  4. Howdy,

    In addition to Mark's reply, you can also use CuteEdit:
    http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET WYSIWYG Editor/default.aspx

    I'd definitely NOT recommend freeware freetextbox as i find it really buggy.
    However, I know they released a new version now so maybe they fixed some bugs.

    Regards
    --
    Milosz

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlsb3N6IFNrYWxlY2tpIFtNQ0FEXQ==?=, Apr 5, 2007
  5. There are various HTML editors that can be used in a web application
    available. If you try to write one yourself, expect to spend about at least
    6 months on the project. I think you'd be better off getting one that
    already exists. I believe some of them are free.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Printing Components, Email Components,
    http://www.miradyne.net

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 5, 2007
  6. re;
    > they released a new version now so maybe they fixed some bugs.

    They did...freetextbox v 3.x is quite good.

    It's used by Telligent's Community Server.
    I'm sure it wouldn't be used if it had problems.

    http://freetextbox.com/download/

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 5, 2007
  7. Hi Juan,

    Good to hear it as we had so many problems with previous versions. A friend
    of mine has just told me there's also a good and reliable open source editor
    called fck:
    http://www.fckeditor.net/

    Happy Easter Guys!
    --
    Milosz

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlsb3N6IFNrYWxlY2tpIFtNQ0FEXQ==?=, Apr 5, 2007