RichText in asp.net

Tomo

How to use RichText in ASP.NET application. I need to make web page where
user can write some text, click save and than this content must be saved as
html content. Can I find some richtext control or I need to use javascript?

Mark Fitzpatrick

There are plenty of rich text controls on the market for this. For example,
check out radeditor by telerik
(http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet/controls/editor/overview.aspx), the
WebHtmlEditor by Infragistics
(http://www.infragistics.com/dotnet/netadvantage/aspnet/webhtmleditor.aspx#Overview)
and FreeTextBox at: http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx

What you'll need to be careful of though, is controls that use the DHTML
ActiveX control that has been in Windows for a long time, but hasn't been
much used. This control is no longer in Windows Vista so Vista users may not
be able to use the rich text editor in their browsers.

Tomo

What you'll need to be careful of though, is controls that use the DHTML
ActiveX control that has been in Windows for a long time, but hasn't been
much used. This control is no longer in Windows Vista so Vista users may
not be able to use the rich text editor in their browsers.

Oh shit! Why it is excluded from vista? Can vista users download this as
some windows update or it is inpossible to include this controls in vista?

btw, Can i use some web server control? Than it doesn't depends with
operating system?

Kevin Spencer

There are various HTML editors that can be used in a web application
available. If you try to write one yourself, expect to spend about at least
6 months on the project. I think you'd be better off getting one that
already exists. I believe some of them are free.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
http://www.miradyne.net

Guest

Hi Juan,

Good to hear it as we had so many problems with previous versions. A friend
of mine has just told me there's also a good and reliable open source editor
called fck:
http://www.fckeditor.net/

Happy Easter Guys!