Riddle me this javascript please.

Philip Ronan

You never heard of Tidy? Or Dave Ragett of associated with the W3C
fame?

Nope. But I'll go and look it up some time.
Um, I'm not a languagey-type person (guess who my favourite vampire
slayer is), but I do want things to be syntactically correct to some
kind of standard.

Well in HTML 4.01 strict, <SCRIPT language="..." is invalid. It's also
invalid in XHTML.

If you're happier leaving this junk in, then stick with HTML 4.01
Transitional

Phil

brucie

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:
There was a time, long ago, when language="Javascript" was the correct
syntax.

no there wasn't. the language attribute was introduced in the 1997 HTML
4 working draft and was immediately deprecated in favor of the type
attribute.

Big Bill

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:

no there wasn't. the language attribute was introduced in the 1997 HTML
4 working draft and was immediately deprecated in favor of the type
attribute.

So since no-one in here can agree on anything I may as well do as I
please then.....

BB

Philip Ronan

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:

no there wasn't. the language attribute was introduced in the 1997 HTML
4 working draft and was immediately deprecated in favor of the type
attribute.

Wrong :p

The language attribute (for <SCRIPT> tags) appeared in Netscape 2.0 back in
February 1996

brucie

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:
Wrong :p
right

The language attribute (for <SCRIPT> tags) appeared in Netscape 2.0 back in
February 1996

proprietary rubbish, not a part of html

Philip Ronan

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:

proprietary rubbish, not a part of html

I see. Well, thanks for your input. If you have any more pearls of wisdom to
share with us, just go right ahead.

brucie

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:

well it is.
Well, thanks for your input.
kissy

If you have any more pearls of wisdom to share with us, just go right
ahead.

ok, 5 year old boys can get away with lifting up women's skirts in the
supermarket. 35 year old men cant. (learnt that one the hard way).

Big Bill

In alt.html Philip Ronan said:

well it is.

ok, 5 year old boys can get away with lifting up women's skirts in the
supermarket. 35 year old men cant. (learnt that one the hard way).

Learned, not learnt.

BB