    workaround for this issue ? Any help appreciated.

    best regards,
    Nebojsa
    Nebojsa Topolscak, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Nebojsa Topolscak

    Jon Caldwell Guest

    Re: ridiculous - javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit.Parser needsX11 server to work

    Nebojsa Topolscak wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I wrote application which doesn't use graphic at all. One part of
    > application
    > needs Parser class from javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit. The ridiculous
    > fact is when I try to instantiate parser, jvm wants to connect to X11
    > server.
    > That means that I need X-server for simple html text parsing. Is there any
    > workaround for this issue ? Any help appreciated.
    >
    > best regards,
    > Nebojsa

    Try passing "-Djava.awt.headless=true" into the java command.
    Jon Caldwell, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Thank you, this works !

    best,

    Nebojsa Topolscak, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Nebojsa Topolscak

    Nebojsa Topolscak wrote:
    > Thank you, this works !
    >
    > best,
    > Nebojsa
    >

    >>Try passing "-Djava.awt.headless=true" into the java command.

    I didn't explain this too well. In case you are curious, Java tries to
    access X's font server unless the JVM is in headless mode, in which case
    this, and graphics functions are implemented in pure Java, instead of
    OS-dependencies.
    Jon Caldwell, Jan 14, 2005