right-align numbers

shank

How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up vertically
with CSS?
I'm not using a table.
thanks

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
6. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
8. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
9. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
11. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
13. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
14. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
15. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sam Hughes

How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up
vertically with CSS?
I'm not using a table.
thanks

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[...]
9. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[...]
15. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Use an ordered list.

<ol>
<li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
<li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
<li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
[15 times]
</ol>

Toby Inkster

shank said:
How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up vertically
with CSS? I'm not using a table.

.... but what are you using? An <ol>? If not, why not?

shank

Toby Inkster said:
... but what are you using? An <ol>? If not, why not?

My problem is that the page is ASP using a nested repeat region. I'm not
sure I can find the end of the inner repeat region to place a closing tag
</ol>. There's the rub. I was hoping for a magic CSS trick that would let me
correct the problem inline with the repeating data.
thanks

Adrienne

My problem is that the page is ASP using a nested repeat region. I'm
not sure I can find the end of the inner repeat region to place a
closing tag
</ol>. There's the rub. I was hoping for a magic CSS trick that would
let me
correct the problem inline with the repeating data.
thanks

<ul>
<% for i = 1 to 10 %>
<li><%=i%>