right-align numbers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by shank, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. shank

    shank Guest

    How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up vertically
    with CSS?
    I'm not using a table.
    thanks

    1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    6. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    7. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    8. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    9. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    10. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    11. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    12. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    13. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    14. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    15. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    shank, Aug 11, 2004

  2. shank

    Sam Hughes Guest

    "shank" <> wrote in

    > How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up
    > vertically with CSS?
    > I'm not using a table.
    > thanks
    >
    > 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > [...]
    > 9. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > 10. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > [...]
    > 15. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Use an ordered list.

    <ol>
    <li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
    <li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
    <li>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</li>
    [15 times]
    </ol>

    --
    Anqdc>
    Sam Hughes, Aug 11, 2004

  3. shank

    Toby Inkster Guest

    shank wrote:

    > How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up vertically
    > with CSS? I'm not using a table.

    .... but what are you using? An <ol>? If not, why not?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./weezer_-_buddy_holly.ogg
    Toby Inkster, Aug 11, 2004
  4. shank

    shank Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > shank wrote:
    >
    > > How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up

    vertically
    > > with CSS? I'm not using a table.

    > ... but what are you using? An <ol>? If not, why not?
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    > Now Playing ~ ./weezer_-_buddy_holly.ogg

    My problem is that the page is ASP using a nested repeat region. I'm not
    sure I can find the end of the inner repeat region to place a closing tag
    </ol>. There's the rub. I was hoping for a magic CSS trick that would let me
    correct the problem inline with the repeating data.
    thanks
    shank, Aug 12, 2004
  5. shank

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "shank" <>
    writing in news:OtySc.20994$:

    > "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    >> shank wrote:
    >>
    >> > How can I right-align the numbers so that all the periods line up
    >> > vertically with CSS? I'm not using a table.

    >> ... but what are you using? An <ol>? If not, why not?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    >> Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
    >> Now Playing ~ ./weezer_-_buddy_holly.ogg

    > My problem is that the page is ASP using a nested repeat region. I'm
    > not sure I can find the end of the inner repeat region to place a
    > closing tag
    ></ol>. There's the rub. I was hoping for a magic CSS trick that would
    >let me
    > correct the problem inline with the repeating data.
    > thanks

    <ul>
    <% for i = 1 to 10 %>
    <li><%=i%>