right place? ASP.NEt app debugging problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stephanie Stowe, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. I have an ASP.NET app. I have a solution set up in VS.NET with the ASP app
    and the VB.NET class libraries that it references. In the ASP.NET project
    properties/ debugging tab I have Wait for external process to connect. (What
    is strange is that my class library projects do not have this option. What's
    up with that? Anyway, that is not the problem.)

    I have an ASP classic app which I load into a different VS.NET solution. (We
    only use VS.NET for our editing now. No more InterDev. Yeah!) I run the
    ASP.NET app in debug mode and it sits and waits. I debug the ASP app and use
    the feature which opens a new window to the ASP.NET app. This execution does
    not "connect" to the debug instance in VS. I never hit breakpoints in
    ASP.NET. When I look in Debug/Windows/Running documents, there are none.
    There are no entry points into the ASP.NET app directly. The code which
    determines the query string which is used when opening the ASP.NET app is
    part of what I am trying to exercise, so I really want to be able to debug
    the 2 in concert.

    Am I doing something wrong? Is what I am trying to do possible?

    I am sorry if this is the wrong group. I cannot see one about VS itself. At
    least not one specifically in English.

    Thanks

    Stephanie Stowe, Oct 1, 2004