    sandtc.cjb.ne
    -
    rallyghos
    rallyghost, Aug 7, 2004

  2. rallyghost

    Sam Hughes Guest

    rallyghost <4designers.com> wrote in
    news::

    > Is there anyway to hide the right verticle scrollbar in IE? I notice
    > that Mozilla will hide it when it isn't necessary. I am attempting to
    > extend a header and footer image horizontally across the page but IE
    > always has a margin for the scrollbar (stopping my header/footer). Here
    > is the link if you would like to take a look (High school theatre
    > company--hasn't been updated in awhile) :
    > sandtc.cjb.net

    You can use http://sandtc.freeserverhost.com when telling people where
    the site is - then the ugly white space will be replaced by a default
    grey scrollbar, which doesn't look bad.

    Of course, this is not the answer you want. But then again, I lack
    sympathy for people who wish to hide their documents' real location.

    I'll hate myself for revealing this, but using a frameset document as
    opposed to an iframe at cjb pointing to your freeserverhost.com space
    might be better - as long as you also have a link in <noframes> content.
    However, this is a bad solution. Just do what I wrote in paragraph one.

    OH AND THIS: Did you know that in IE people can't resize your text
    because you used pixel or point sizes? Isn't that too bad? Don't you
    think visitors would want to view your text in THEIR preferred font size,
    not yours?

    --
    In a room with thirty-seven people, never have everybody shake each
    other's hand.
    Sam Hughes, Aug 7, 2004