right to files on mapped drives throught IIS and ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by chris, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    Hello,

    On a local website but i want to access data on a remote drive (a mapped
    drive). The data are Foxpro files on a directeory of a mapped drive.

    I have a problem with security ( no tabel can be opened error 52 in foxpro )

    I search the web for a solution.

    Server 1 = Windows 2000 (Webserver) and server2 = database server (NT
    server)

    The two server belong to the same domain.

    i created a user on the databaseserver (domainserver) who has administrator
    rights .

    On the webserver

    I already used impersonate="true" in the config.web file

    I added this new user on the webserver

    and in the IIS : anonymus is set on with this new created user with his
    paswoord

    ON the DatabaseServer

    the database files themselves have full control for the user created.

    But still get no rights

    Does anyone know what i am doing wrong ?

    Christine
    chris, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Perhaps this report might help you.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320268