RJB - getting NoClassDefFoundError on import of JAVA class

Anukul Singhal

Hi,

I am using rjb gem, and trying to import a JAVA class. The JAVA API
documentation is located at:

http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/view...r!/com/jayway/android/robotium/solo/Solo.html

I have installed jdk, and installed the relevant jar files, and using
the following code:

require 'rjb'

c =
"c:/robotium/robotium-solo-1.7.1.jar;c:/robotium/robotium-solo-1.7.1-javadoc.jar"
Rjb::load(classpath = c, jvmargs=[])
@rapi = Rjb::import('com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.Solo')
puts "robotium_class=#{@rapi.inspect}"

But, it fails to import this class, and throws the following error:
ruby test_robotium.rb
test_robotium.rb:11:in `import': android/view/View
(NoClassDefFoundError)
from test_robotium.rb:11
Exit code: 1

Any help on this would be appreciated. To download the relevant jar
files, goto http://code.google.com/p/robotium/downloads/list

Thanks,
Anukul

arton

Hi

I believe your path string need to escape the path separator.
eg)
c =
"c://robotium//robotium-solo-1.7.1.jar;c://robotium//robotium-solo-1.7.1-javadoc.jar"

Please try above setting.

Anukul Singhal

arton said:
Hi

I believe your path string need to escape the path separator.
eg)
c =
"c://robotium//robotium-solo-1.7.1.jar;c://robotium//robotium-solo-1.7.1-javadoc.jar"

Please try above setting.

Hi Arton,

Thanks for the response. But I get the same error.

I believe the escape sequence would be required if I use "\" (back
slash), for "/" (forward slash), dont think we need to provide an extra
"/".

Let me know if there is any other setting I am missing.

Thanks,
Anukul