Rlogin client?

Jean-Louis Leroy

Anybody knows of a rlogin client-in-a-module? Surprisingly I don't
find one on CPAN.

N.B. 1: I'm aware of the security issues - that's no the issue ;-)
N.B. 2: I'd like to avoid Expect and spawning a rlogin process.

TIA...

Jean-Louis Leroy

Abigail said:
Jean-Louis Leroy ([email protected]) wrote on MMMMLXXXII September
MCMXCIII in <URL:}} Anybody knows of a rlogin client-in-a-module? Surprisingly I don't
}} find one on CPAN.
You might want to try Net::Telnet.

Telnet and rlogin don't use the same protocol, do they?

Here's a bit of context. I'm building a test suite that needs to run
commands on remote computers. Remote login without password is provided
(via .rhosts files). In fact, not all the accounts I need to access have
a password. That's why I need rlogin instead of telnet...

Jean-Louis Leroy

Any reason why
system rsh => 'user@host', 'command';

wouldn't do the trick?

....because I need to run several commands, with side effects (chdir,
change env vars). I'm writing a test suite for some command-line tool
and I want to emulate the real usage pattern.