From: "Robert Feldt" <[email protected]>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 6:55 PM
Subject: RMagick is nice... bar chart

I decided to play with RMagick and wow, its really powerful.
Thanks to all involved (especially Tim!).

I agree, RMagick is great.
I came up with some code for doing bar charts from scratch with
RMagick. It still has several bugs but here's at least
an initial bar chart over number of posts per month on ruby-talk:

http://pronovomundo.dyndns.org/rubytalk_posts_per_day_9812_0308partial.png

Note that the server is only up for 1-2 days more and then it will
be down for a week or so.

I'm not sure this "community statistic" really says something but its
fun to play... ;)

Definitely.

So that "high point" was September 2002, if I count backwards
correctly? I wonder why it peaked at that time?

Hal

Robert Feldt

So that "high point" was September 2002, if I count backwards
correctly?
Yes, 3257 posts in September 2002.
I wonder why it peaked at that time?
No idea.

I know that at some point there where troubles with the
gateway or mailing list software so it reposted lots
of mails. My simple script doesn't look at each post
and discards duplicates so that could be one explanation.

However, if my memory serves me I think that problem was
in the summer of 2001.

/Robert