RMagick - missing methods on Magick::Draw

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Robert Worley, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. I've recently moved a Rails app from a Linux box to a Solaris container.
    The app makes use the excellent sparklines plug-in which in turn depends
    on RMagick. The Solaris box has RMagick gem 1.1.3 compiled against
    GraphicsMagick 1.1.7 (same as the Linux box).

    Unfortunately the sparklines plug-in makes use of methods on
    Magick::Draw that are present on the Linux box, but not on the Solaris
    box and I'm rather confused as to why this would be the case. Here's a
    list of the missing methods:

    "fill", "opacity", "rectangle", "scale", "line", "define_clip_path",
    "stroke_antialias", "pop", "gravity", "fill_rule", "text_align",
    "ellipse", "stroke_dasharray", "font", "stroke_dashoffset", "matte",
    "clip_path", "font_family", "text_anchor", "point", "stroke_linecap",
    "pointsize", "clip_rule", "skewx", "font_stretch", "bezier",
    "text_antialias", "text", "encoding", "stroke_linejoin", "font_size",
    "path", "clip_units", "skewy", "text_undercolor", "rotate",
    "fill_color", "stroke_miterlimit", "arc", "polygon", "color", "stroke",
    "affine", "extend_with_included_modules_from", "font_style", "pattern",
    "circle", "fill_pattern", "stroke_opacity", "polyline", "decorate",
    "stroke_color", "font_weight", "roundrectangle", "enable_warnings",
    "fill_opacity", "translate", "stroke_width", "stroke_pattern", "push"

    Does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Thanks in advance for
    any help.

    Rob

    Robert Worley, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Robert Worley wrote:
    > I've recently moved a Rails app from a Linux box to a Solaris container.
    > The app makes use the excellent sparklines plug-in which in turn depends
    > on RMagick. The Solaris box has RMagick gem 1.1.3 compiled against
    > GraphicsMagick 1.1.7 (same as the Linux box).
    >
    > Unfortunately the sparklines plug-in makes use of methods on
    > Magick::Draw that are present on the Linux box, but not on the Solaris
    > box and I'm rather confused as to why this would be the case. Here's a
    > list of the missing methods:
    >
    > "fill", "opacity", "rectangle", "scale", "line", "define_clip_path",
    > "stroke_antialias", "pop", "gravity", "fill_rule", "text_align",
    > "ellipse", "stroke_dasharray", "font", "stroke_dashoffset", "matte",
    > "clip_path", "font_family", "text_anchor", "point", "stroke_linecap",
    > "pointsize", "clip_rule", "skewx", "font_stretch", "bezier",
    > "text_antialias", "text", "encoding", "stroke_linejoin", "font_size",
    > "path", "clip_units", "skewy", "text_undercolor", "rotate",
    > "fill_color", "stroke_miterlimit", "arc", "polygon", "color", "stroke",
    > "affine", "extend_with_included_modules_from", "font_style", "pattern",
    > "circle", "fill_pattern", "stroke_opacity", "polyline", "decorate",
    > "stroke_color", "font_weight", "roundrectangle", "enable_warnings",
    > "fill_opacity", "translate", "stroke_width", "stroke_pattern", "push"
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Thanks in advance for
    > any help.
    >
    > Rob

    All those methods are defined in RMagick.rb. If you're getting
    NoMethodError exceptions for them, then there's something wrong with the
    RMagick installation on your Solaris box.
    Timothy Hunter, Jan 3, 2007