rmi activation and codebase

marcus b.

Hello folks,

I have created three activatable rmi services. Now I want them to use three
different codebases for each service (like http://xyz/serivce1.jar http:/
xyz/service2.jar ...).
Each service is in its own activation group (this means it runs in it's own
jvm if I remember right). I tried to set the java.rmi.server.codebase
property for the activation group descriptor to the apropriate value. But
still all services seems to run with the same codebase.

What would be the preferred way to specify a different codebase for each
activatable object? I also tried to set the java.rmi.server.codebase
property during rmid startup to something like:
-J-Djava.rmi.server.codebase="http://xyz/service1.jar http://xyz
service2.jar" but this won't work either...

Greetings,
Marcus