RMI breaks my code on JRE Update 10

FutureScalper

RemoteIndicatorServiceImpl serverImpl = new RemoteIndicatorServiceImpl
(rmiServiceName);

Naming.rebind(rmiServiceName, serverImpl);

Works perfectly on JRE Update 5, Update 7, but is BROKEN with Update
10.

Exception below indicates it cannot load the class

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.twc.remote.RemoteIndicatorService

Update 10 imposes some bizarre security restriction, as far as I can
see, which prevents the deployment of the RMI service.

WTF ??? What has changed? I have spent about 8 hours trying to find
a workaround, no cigar.

ERR: 08.11.17 10:25:09.594: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException
occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.twc.remote.RemoteIndicatorService
java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread;
nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.twc.remote.RemoteIndicatorService
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer
(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Unknown Source)
at com.twc.trader.ZoneTrader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.twc.trader.ZoneTrader.createAndShowGUI(Unknown Source)
at com.twc.trader.ZoneTrader.access$4(Unknown Source)
at com.twc.trader.ZoneTrader$95.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
Caused by: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.twc.remote.RemoteIndicatorService
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Skel.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
com.twc.remote.RemoteIndicatorService
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadProxyInterfaces(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadProxyClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadProxyClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadProxyClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadProxyClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveProxyClass(Unknown
Source)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
... 12 more

FutureScalper

Is your news reader also broken (checks origin of
post)?  Of course your new reader is broken, but
you seem to be operating it in a way that is even
more broken than usual.

Why did you abandon this thread?
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/browse_frm/
thread/78fd43dc4d6b3c43/5b5368c1d5bb5f7b#5b5368c1d5bb5f7b>

Let's discuss why the RMI area in Update 10 has changed, broken my
code, and how I can possibly work around it. That would help me.

Somebody with some ideas?

Andrew Thompson

Let's discuss why the RMI area in Update 10 has changed, broken my
code, and how I can possibly work around it.  That would help me.

Here's an idea. 'Plonk'.

Arne Vajhøj

Let's discuss why the RMI area in Update 10 has changed, broken my
code, and how I can possibly work around it. That would help me.

Keeping the discussion in a single thread would help those
that may want and be able to help you.

You don't want to help them, so ....

Arne