    ACID when using RMI?

    TIA,
    Alan Cyment
    Alan Cyment, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Alan Cyment

    Esmond Pitt Guest

    RMI implements 'at-most-once' semantics. You can be assured that the
    call has executed at most once, possibly zero times. By astute analysis
    of the actual RemoteException you can determine whether it occurred
    while sending the call from the client, receiving it at the server,
    sending the result from the server, or receiving it at the client. In
    the first two cases the call hasn't executed, in the second two it has.
    Sun don't explicitly document the respective conditions, but they're
    covered in my book - see below.

    EJP
    http://www.rmiproxy.com/javarmi

    Esmond Pitt, Jan 29, 2004