RMI server detect individual client crashs

jim

Hi,

I have a question regarding how can RMI server detect individual client
crashs.

According to sun's rmi FAQ
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/rmi/faq.html#unref
D.6

If two or more clients have references to the same remote object, the
unreferenced() method will not be called until all of them have expired
their leases on it. Consequently, if you are using this >technique to track
individual clients, each client must have a reference to its own
Unreferenced object.

What it means "if you are using this technique to track individual clients,
each client must have a reference to its own Unreferenced object. " ??
How to implement the above method? Is it mean I need to setup one RMI server
per client?

Thanks!
Jimmy