    --
    Lucas Zimmerman
    , Jun 28, 2005

  2. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:13:56 -0700, netbogus wrote:

    > I´d like to use SSL over RMI, is it possible? I´ve googled but
    > couldnt find enough information regarding this topic.

    Do you mean RMI over SSL?

    --
    You can't run away forever,
    Stefan Schulz, Jun 28, 2005

    sure... my mistake. I meant RMI over SSL.

    lz.

    --
    Lucas Zimmerman
    , Jun 28, 2005
  4. schrieb:

    > I´d like to use SSL over RMI, is it possible? I´ve googled but
    > couldnt find enough information regarding this topic.

    I don't know how much information you need but I get a lot of them.

    General description on how to use custom SocketFactories with RMI
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/rmi/socketfactory/

    But you don't have to implement them yourself for a SSL-connection. Java
    1.5 already knows
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/rmi/ssl/SslRMIClientSocketFactory.html
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/rmi/ssl/SslRMIServerSocketFactory.html

    Finally the Usenet search for RMI SSL: